Friday 3 October 2014

A Life of Pretense

“Oh… If you are that sensitive, then probably I should be careful about what I say, when am around you! I don’t want to lose you, do I?”

This is what one of my dear friends told me when I said I don’t talk to people who make me feel offended. I pondered over what she said and replied.

“Don’t you think that’s weird? I mean, people going to extreme lengths, pretending to be someone they are not simply because they want to be a part of your life. I mean it is great, of course. Such care and love is truly remarkable but don’t you think that if people don’t love for who you are, it would be better to avoid the pretense and quietly move out of their lives. You, as you are, are a fine person. If someone is lucky to have you in their lives, then they should realize your significance in their life and value and treasure your presence. But, if it doesn’t work, why the pretense?”

“It is me who wants you in my life, right? So it becomes my responsibility! Simple!”

“You don’t get the point, do you? True relationships are based on a very strong foundation of trust, love & confidence. It is deeply entrenched in the heart and has no barriers. Such relationships are pure and have space for no pretense. Life should be a quintessence of such relations rather than sacrifices. Because, by pretending you are sacrificing the “you” in you…”

“Okkkk !!! Thank you Ms Philosopher. I take back everything I said. I promise not to miss any opportunity I get to piss you off! Happyyy?????”


“Glad you show no sign of changing!” 


1 comment:

  1. if i had one friend to tell me those words when i was hurt, i would have neva let myself down! thank you vaishnavi..keep posting new articles:D

    ReplyDelete